- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of purebred Great Danes and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- To encourage responsible Great Dane ownership through education, mentoring, and fellowship.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Great Danes shall be judged and to encourage the study of the standard by breeders, judges, dog show committees, and others interested in the advancement of the breed.
- To assist in rescue work for Great Danes in need.
- To encourage dedication to the health and welfare of the breed.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dogs shows and performance events.
- To conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows and performance events under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club and to generate publicity on any matter affecting the welfare of the breed.
- To disseminate and promote ideals and objectives of the GDCA Charitable Trust.